This is my all-time favorite recipe. I created this recipe when I was still 11 or 12 years old. This is really delicious and again, the ingredients are easy to find.
1 kilo (kg) ground beef (or pork, if preferred)
1/2 cup onion, minced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 can of crushed tomatoes (you can substitute this by cutting big tomatoes and put them in a blender or food processor to crush it)
2 cans of tomato sauce (big)
1/2 cup of water
2 tablespoons of white sugar
ground black pepper
parmesan cheese or regular cheese that you usually put in spaghetti (grated)
1 cup of milk (whole or skim, according to your taste)
1 cup of Nestle All-purpose cream
salt to taste
1) In a sauce pan, saute the onions and garlic til medium brown.
2) Add in the ground beef and put a little salt to taste.
3) Once ground beef starts to go brown, add in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and tomato sauce. Season with salt, sugar, and ground black pepper. Gradually put in the milk, and all-purpose cream. Simmer in low heat until cooked, stirring occasionally.
4) Preheat oven to 350-375 degrees F.
5) Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain water and then rinse with cold water.
6) Spread about a cup and a half of (1 1/2) of sauce in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish (9x13"). Arrange lasagna noodles carefully on top of the meat sauce. Sprinkle (a lot!) of cheese on the pasta. Again spread meat sauce on it. Top with grated cheese again and then add in the 2nd layer of lasagna noodles. Repeat until you have about 4 or 5 layers on the dish. Spread a little more of meat sauce and then sprinkle with cheese on top. Make sure that the cheese covers the whole lasagna.
7) Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake more for another 25minutes.
8) Serve. Best partnered with red wine. Or Sprite! yummy!