Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Another Lesson Learned About Prayer

Last December 23, the city was pretty busy so traffic was all over Davao. After I ate dinner with my younger sister/friend, Jojit, we specifically went to Felcris Centrale to do our groceries because it's closest to Matina. But even there, traffic was heavy. At around 6:00 pm, I needed to go home because my classes start at 7 pm. I had to use a shortcut to get to Magallanes so I can ride a jeepney there to Buhangin. I knew it was a long shot, but I patiently waited for a jeepney. As expected, there were lots of passengers waiting in the streets, and public vehicles were all full. Even a taxi ride was already impossible. While waiting, in my mind I was praying. I saw a jeepney going to Cabantian, so I rode in it and just thought that I will go down to Milan to ride another jeepney for the Buhangin route. It'll be much nearer, but I know deep inside that Buhangin has been heavy with traffic for days already. 

San Pedro was congested, and our jeepney movement was really slow. I prayed that God will pave the way to Buhangin, making traffic less, and our travel will be smooth and fast. My prayers were answered as the next street was not so busy anymore, but I thought of the 3 other malls we need to pass by so again, I was worried about traffic. I checked the time and it was already 6:20, and we are still far from Buhangin. I continued to pray. I prayed that once I reach Milan, there will be another jeepney waiting for me, or I can easily ride another jeepney. It was 10 minutes before my class starts, so I again prayed, and was able to ride another jeepney going to NHA Buhangin. When I reached home, I had like 5 minutes or less to prepare for my 1st class.

Amazing lang jud ang prayer because my first class was canceled, so that means I have 30 minutes to prepare for my 2nd class. I happily took a half bath, put my lipstick on, brushed my hair, and even ate my dinner. God is good! 

Lesson Learned: PRAY WITHOUT CEASING. BE PATIENT, CONTINUE TO MOVE AND WORK, WHILE PRAYING. DON'T STOP. GOD LISTENS. AS LONG AS IT IS WITHIN HIS WILL, AND YOU REALLY NEED IT, PRAYERS WILL BE ANSWERED. MIRACLES WILL HAPPEN. BREAKTHROUGHS WILL COME.

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. [1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 16 NLT]

No comments:

Post a Comment