Wednesday, November 30, 2016

A Legacy


Sometimes being involved in church activities, serving God, and community outreach programs can be tiring, and even use up your own personal resources such as money, time, mind, and body. Our personal and spiritual lives are being questioned or doubted, and mostly, some lose their interest or confidence in us. At times, I want to give up, and leave, but I would remember how good God is. I lost both my beloved grandparents and father, and it was those times that I was given the chance to look at my life in a bigger picture. I had the money, and a good career going, but it was all for naught. Every day became senseless and meaningless as I pursued these things. I thought it was all my daughter would need. As I laid down comfortably on my bed that time, I came to realize that I wanted to leave a legacy before I die. I wanted my daughter to be proud of me not because of the money I earned or the prestige, but to see the world in a different light. I might be a dot in the world, but at least when I die, in my heart I know I was able to give back and do the very purpose God has created me for. 

King Solomon in the Bible said that everything is meaningless. Whether you are rich or poor, successful, famous, etc. They are meaningless without God.

I only know if I were to compromise, I wouldn't be living a meaningful life with God who will be there to support me, guide me, love me, and help me. It's hard to tell if I will ever rise up in ranks, become famous, or get richer. Only that, having a close relationship with God and doing the things I am doing now is better than the life I once had.

No comments:

Post a Comment